Thursday, October 28, 2010

Guitar Playin'



Here's a first for this blog. I play music as a fairly serious distraction from painting. It's incredible how many artists I know also are musicians. Music must come from the same part of the brain or something. Anyway, this is a cover of one of my favourite guitar compositions, written by Maneli Jamal (whom I painted in the post below this). It's called Movement I: Norym, and is part of his fantastic album, The Ziur Movement. Go check it out at www.manelijamal.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe Gloria said...

You're as good in music and painting!!!
In any case it's a beautiful composition, thank you for this discovery because I don't know Maneli Jamal.
The music will always be an inspiration to draw infinity!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Arto Isotalo said...

I agree with Kaïro. Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed it! I play the guitar too but not nearly as well as you!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Mark Behm said...

Amazing, Marco.

11:11 AM  
Blogger George Hugo said...

Hello Marco!

VERY COOL! Now where do you get the time to practice enough to play that well and still do such amazing art?

It is very interesting what you noted about artists also being musicians. I am an industrial designer (doesn't really qualify as an artist) and also do a bit of music and songwriting. I also have more than one friend who also do both disciplines.

Check out this blog of a friend of mine if you want to: http://willemsamuel.blogspot.com/
and http://www.last.fm/music/Willem%2520Samuel?ac=willem%20samuel

Anyhow. Thanks for sharing all your gifts!

George Hugo

1:28 PM  
Blogger Richtoon said...

That is cool!!!!!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Paul Moyse said...

Fantastic Marco, you have beauty in your soul!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home