Sunday, October 19, 2008

Perfect Weekend

Spent the weekend up in cottage country. Great company, textbook autumn weather, and plein air painting. What more could I ask for? Here's some of the paintings I did there.
The bottom left one is my first sunset plein air painting. I was literally racing against the sun. After about 15 minutes, I could no longer judge differences in colour temperature on my board, so I stopped. It was a big surprise to get back to the cottage to see what the painting actually looked like. Nothing beats painting outdoors!

And one from two weekends ago. Some architecture near where I work.

10 Comments:

Blogger RAWLS said...

Good ol' cottage country! These are great my friend!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I really like how you let bits of the canvas show through in your plein air pieces--it adds a certain...je ne sais quoi to the piece (sometimes I feel classier using a language I don't really know).

You work in such a lovely town! I wish the area I'm in had a few buildings with classical architecture.

9:17 PM  
Blogger adam de Vries said...

good work marco,
fall is great for paintings lots of color,
your paintings are very appealing keep it up,
your pal,
de Vries

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jörn said...

Beautiful colors. The play of the shadows and lights is aureate.
Btw. you have such nice architecture in the US? (think i must alter my impression of the states)

3:15 AM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Hey, thanks guys.
Abby, I should admit that the architecture I painted exists in an otherwise uninspiring neighborhood. Toronto doesn't really look like that.
Jorn - I'm actually Canadian :)
I've seen some beautiful US cities though.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kei Acedera said...

wow lovely!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Adam Temple said...

Thanks man, I totally forgot about bg's with you. I've gotten a little further and a few more that are in the works. I'll come by and show you soon!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Kt Shy said...

Beeeautiful! I can sit here at work, stare at your paintings and imagine I'm there *wistful sigh*

2:10 PM  
Blogger Fabian said...

Amazing works! Excellent block you have :)

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these !- I especially like the thick layered feeling you give to your brush strokes .

Very nice indeed .

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home